Welcome to the "Original" Dynasty Rankings Fantasy Football Blog

This blog was born out of a Dynasty Rankings thread originally begun in October, 2006 at the Footballguys.com message boards. The rankings in that thread and the ensuing wall-to-wall discussion of player values and dynasty league strategy took on a life of its own at over 275 pages and 700,000 page views. The result is what you see in the sidebar under "Updated Positional Rankings": a comprehensive ranking of dynasty league fantasy football players by position on a tiered, weighted scale. In the tradition of the original footballguys.com Dynasty Rankings thread, intelligent debate is welcome and encouraged.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Cincinnati's Skyline Chili



I happened upon the Laughing Squid blog tonight, and as luck would have it, they were profiling "Skyline Chili: Unique Cincinnati Style Chili."

On our way through Cincinnati we stopped at a Skyline Chili. I haven’t been to one in years. Skyline Chili was founded in 1949 in Cincinnati (it’s named after Cincinnati’s skyline) by Greek immigrant Nicholas Lambrinides and is known for their chili spaghetti, served five different ways with their unique secret sauce that includes chocolate and cinnamon. I decided to go all the way and ordered the 5-Way, which consists of spaghetti, chili, cheddar cheese, beans & onions.

There are several other restaurants that serve “Cincinnati Style” chili, including Empress Chili, Gold Star Chili, Dixie Chili and Camp Washington Chili.

I'll forgive the Laughing Squid for the egregious oversight of Price Hill Chili but only because I happen to have a can of Skyline Chili to hold me over for now, and I plan on tearing into it in about five minutes. Though I can find Skyline Chili at my whim in the local Kroger on Wilmington Island, a night at Price Hill Chili's Golden Fleece Lounge with the fellas is not so easily acquired. Rosie and I are not going to make it home for Christmas this year, so my plate of Cincinnati-style chili will try to make due as a lousy substitute for missed family, friends, and good times.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you can get a can at your Kroger. I can't even get that. I have 2 cans left and no idea when I'll get back to Cinci.

Signed,
Another out-of-town WHRBL player

Knees said...

Snipes,

I'll make sure to make a curtoesy stop at PHC for you & Rosie. Make sure you take care of Shortstop. I'll grab a Landmark and some greek fries in yout honor.

Regardless, have a safe, heathly and holiday we're thinking of you guys here in the 'Nati!

Chris Wesseling said...

Good to hear from you, Tim.

I know it's not as convenient as hitting Kroger on your way home from work, but you can always just go to skylinechili.com and have them ship you a box of cans.

There's a bit of price gouging going on with the online purchase, but that's no roadblock for a true junkie.

Chris Wesseling said...

Knees,

You had to go and mention the landmark. Damn you! j/k.

Give me a call Sunday if you do kegs & eggs...or just wait until Bird & Gip do their drunk phone calls and join in then. I have to cover 3 games Sunday, but I'm carving out a 5-minute break for drunken Willie's/Cheviot antics from Bird's crew.

Hope all is well with the family, and make sure you have a great Christmas. I might hitch a ride up to KY with Gip for the golf trip. Maybe I'll see you then.

Wess