1. Larry Fitzgerald, ARI | Age: 25.0 | Value Score: 99
2. Andre Johnson, HOU | Age: 27.2 | Value Score: 98
Weekly over-reactions are fun, aren't they? Johnson is back to being a reliable No. 1 WR for seasons to come.
3. Calvin Johnson, DET | Age: 23.0 | Value Score: 97
4. Steve Smith, CAR | Age: 29.3 | Value Score: 96
5. Reggie Wayne, IND | Age: 29.8 | Value Score: 95
6. Brandon Marshall, DEN | Age: 24.5 | Value Score: 95
7. Greg Jennings, GB | Age: 25.0 | Value Score: 94
Leading the NFL in several receiving categories, Jennings is a true No. 1?
8. Randy Moss, NE | Age: 31.6 | Value Score: 93
Value would take a huge hit if Brady's second surgery keeps him out into the 2009 season.
9. Anquan Boldin, ARI | Age: 27.9 | Value Score: 87
10. Marques Colston, NO | Age: 25.3 | Value Score: 87
When can we start asking if Colston is injury-prone? He certainly doesn't leave me with a warm and safe feeling.
11. Roddy White, ATL | Age: 26.8 | Value Score: 86
Offseason concerns about the deleterious effects of a rookie quarterback were overblown. I'm guilty as charged.
12. Lee Evans, BUF | Age: 27.5 | Value Score: 85
Double teamed on nearly every passing play and still fifth in the league in receiving yards. The newly signed top-five contract shows his true value as an elite wide receiving talent. A Top-15 talent at WR, he and Trent Edwards have a bright future together.
13. Dwayne Bowe, KC | Age: 24.0 | Value Score: 85
14. Braylon Edwards, CLE | Age: 25.5 | Value Score: 84
Flashed that big play ability against the Giants. Personally, I'd sell now for a more reliable stud if possible.
15. Terrell Owens, DAL | Age: 34.8 | Value Score: 83
16. Santonio Holmes, PIT | Age: 24.5 | Value Score: 82
17. Roy Williams, DAL | Age: 26.7 | Value Score: 81
I grew up in Cincinnati and went through the 1990s there, so I'm enlightened to a golden rule about football: never underestimate the power of an historically inept franchise to suck the will to live out of a talented and competitive player. I saw it with many Bengals, personified by Corey Dillon who went on to have a career year with the Patriots. We all saw it with Randy Moss upon escaping Oakland. Both players, like Roy Williams, developed reputations for questionable attitudes -- and those reputations may have been well earned. But both players were choir boys once they escaped football hades, and it shouldn't be a surprise when Roy Williams makes the same conversion.
18. Santana Moss, WAS | Age: 29.3 | Value Score: 74
He'll bounce back, but would-be WR1s don't pull a disappearing act for two straight games.
19. Plaxico Burress, NYG | Age: 31.1 | Value Score: 73
The return of the "High Knucklehead Factor." Plax is simply not reliable.
20. Jerricho Cotchery, NYJ | Age: 26.3 | Value Score: 71
21. Eddie Royal, DEN | Age: 22.3 | Value Score: 70
22. DeSean Jackson, PHI | Age: 21.8 | Value Score: 70
23. Chad Ocho Cinco, CIN | Age: 30.6 | Value Score: 69
He's passed the buy-low window and entered legitimate concern territory. He and Palmer haven't been on the same page, and the Bengals franchise is going down the toilet again.
24. T.J. Houshmandzadeh, CIN | Age: 30.9 | Value Score: 69
A lost season for the Bengals. Might be time to hope he leaves Cincy after the 2008 season.
25. Bernard Berrian, MIN | Age: 27.7 | Value Score: 68
Three straight games with a TD and hasn't been held under 75 yards since Gus Frerotte took over the passing offense.
26. Vincent Jackson, SD | Age: 25.7 | Value Score: 67
Much more valuable in Dynasty than redraft, V-Jax just keeps improving every year. The sky is the limit with an improved QB getting him more and more involved in the offense.
27. Wes Welker, NE | Age: 27.3 | Value Score: 67
Still valuable in PPR leagues, but he can't get in the end zone with Cassel under center.
28. Hines Ward, PIT | Age: 32.5 | Value Score: 66
29. Laveranues Coles, NYJ | Age: 30.7 | Value Score: 64
Should remain heavily targeted as long as Brett Favre is around.
30. Anthony Gonzalez, IND | Age: 24.0 | Value Score: 60
31. Donnie Avery, STL | Age: 22.6 | Value Score: 58
32. Torry Holt, STL | Age: 32.3 | Value Score: 57
Being outshined by rookie Donnie Avery.
33. Marvin Harrison, IND | Age: 36.0 | Value Score: 50
34. Chris Chambers, SD | Age: 30.1 | Value Score: 48
35. #Sidney Rice, MIN | Age: 22.0 | Value Score: 45
36. Kevin Curtis, PHI | Age: 30.2 | Value Score: 44
37. Matt Jones, JAX | Age: 25.4 | Value Score: 42
Not only has he emerged as David Garrard's go-to guy in the Jags offense, he's played so well that they can't afford to take him out of the lineup.
38. Ted Ginn Jr., MIA | Age: 23.4 | Value Score: 41
39. Josh Morgan, SF | Age: 23.2 | Value Score: 40
Finally back in the starting lineup after a dominant preseason, the rookie is the 49ers' best playmaker at WR.
40. Antonio Bryant, TB | Age: 27.5 | Value Score: 38
Coach Gruden informed Joey Galloway that Bryant is keeping the fantasy friendly starting split end job.
41. Devin Thomas, WAS | Age: 21.8 | Value Score: 37
42. James Hardy, BUF | Age: 22.7 | Value Score: 37
43. Donald Driver, GB | Age: 33.6 | Value Score: 36
It doesn't pay to be Favre's go-to guy when Favre is no longer around; heading into his mid-thirties, Driver may be entering his last startable season.
44. Derrick Mason, BAL | Age: 34.6 | Value Score: 35
45. #Mike Walker, JAX | Age: 23.8 | Value Score: 34
The reported sprained MCL is a bit of a hangover from Walker's coming out party on national television Sunday night. You may have to wait a few weeks, but Walker has turned the corner and earned his quarterback's trust.
46. Jordy Nelson, GB | Age: 23.3 | Value Score: 33
47. Steve Breaston, ARI | Age: 25.0 | Value Score: 31
rst case scenario: he stays involved as the No. 3 receiver for the next two years. Best case scenario: he steps in for Anquan Boldin in the near future as the wide receiver feasting off of Fitz's production.
48. Robert Meachem, NO | Age: 24.0 | Value Score: 30
49. Lance Moore, NO | Age: 25.1 | Value Score: 30
The gravy train is over with Moore moving to the slot upon Marques Colston's return.
50. #James Jones, GB | Age: 24.5 | Value Score: 29
51. Laurent Robinson, ATL | Age: 23.4 | Value Score: 21
52. Limas Sweed, PIT | Age: 23.7 | Value Score: 21
53. Devin Hester, CHI | Age: 25.8 | Value Score: 20
The talent was always there, and now it appears that he's taken the step to legit wide receiver. He's gone from stash-and-hope to actual weekly production.
54. Reggie Brown, PHI | Age: 27.7 | Value Score: 19
55. Steve Smith, NYG | Age: 23.4 | Value Score: 18
56. Chris Henry, CIN | Age: 25.3 | Value Score: 17
57. Kevin Walter, HOU | Age: 27.1 | Value Score: 16
Sketchy long-term value, but he could be a borderline WR3 the rest of this season.
58. [#]Nate Burleson, SEA | Age: 27.0 | Value Score: 15
59. Mark Clayton, BAL | Age: 26.2 | Value Score: 14
It's time to call a flop a flop. Clayton is a wide receiver that never gets in the end zone and averages less than 10 yards per catch. It's time to turn the page.
60. Jerry Porter, JAX | Age: 30.2 | Value Score: 13
Raise your hand if you fell for the hype. Now slap yourself.
61. Jacoby Jones, HOU | Age: 24.2 | Value Score: 12
62. #Deion Branch, SEA | Age: 29.2 | Value Score: 12
The most over-rated fantasy receiver of recent memory suffered yet another injury in his first game back. He can't stay healthy, doesn't get in the end zone, and has never broken 1,000 yards in a season.
63. Javon Walker, OAK | Age: 29.9 | Value Score: 12
Swampland in Florida.
64. #Donte' Stallworth, CLE | Age: 27.8 | Value Score: 12
65. #Malcolm Kelly, WAS | Age: 21.7 | Value Score: 12
66. Harry Douglas, ATL | Age: 22.9 | Value Score: 11
67. Isaac Bruce, SF | Age: 35.8 | Value Score: 11
68. Bobby Engram, SEA | Age: 35.7 | Value Score: 10
With the clock ticking on his career, Engram must be an advantage in 2008 to have Dynasty value. It's not looking good.
69. Domenik Hixon, NYG | Age: 23.9 | Value Score: 9
Built on an impressive preseason with a breakout game starting in Plax's place.
70. Greg Camarillo, MIA | Age: 26.4 | Value Score: 9
71. Joey Galloway, TB | Age: 36.8 | Value Score: 9
Similar to Engram, Galloway must be a startable asset to maintain Dynasty value. Losing his position to Antonio Bryant isn't going to help.
72. Justin Gage, TEN | Age: 27.6 | Value Score: 9
73. Early Doucet, ARI | Age: 22.8 | Value Score: 8
74. Chaz Schilens, OAK | Age: 22.8 | Value Score: 8
75. Mark Bradley, KC | Age: 26.7 | Value Score: 8
76. #Craig Davis, SD | Age: 22.9 | Value Score: 8
77. Brandon Stokley, DEN | Age: 32.2 | Value Score: 7
78. Devery Henderson, NO | Age: 26.5 | Value Score: 7
79. Muhsin Muhammad, CAR | Age: 35.4 | Value Score: 7
80. Jerome Simpson, CIN | Age: 22.6 | Value Score: 5
81. Jason Hill, SF | Age: 23.6 | Value Score: 5
82. Mario Manningham, NYG | Age: 22.3 | Value Score: 4
83. Antwaan Randle El, WAS | Age: 29.1 | Value Score: 4
84. D.J. Hackett, CAR | Age: 27.1 | Value Score: 4
Long a stat-head darling, but there was a reason Hackett drew so little interest on the free agent market this past offseason: he can't stay healthy. Local beats believe Dwayne Jarrett will take his job soon.
85. Reggie Williams, JAX | Age: 25.4 | Value Score: 4
86. Ronald Curry, OAK | Age: 29.4 | Value Score: 4
87. #Brandon Lloyd, CHI | Age: 27.2 | Value Score: 4
88. Dwayne Jarrett, CAR | Age: 22.0 | Value Score: 3
89. Hank Baskett, PHI | Age: 26.0 | Value Score: 3
90. Arnaz Battle, SF | Age: 28.6 | Value Score: 3
91. Amani Toomer, NYG | Age: 34.0 | Value Score: 3
92. Bryant Johnson, SF | Age: 27.5 | Value Score: 3
Remaindered by the rookie.
93. Darrell Jackson, DEN | Age: 29.7 | Value Score: 3
94. Will Franklin, KC | Age: 22.9 | Value Score: 3
95. Lavelle Hawkins, TEN | Age: 22.2 | Value Score: 3
96. Isaiah Stanback, DAL | Age: 24.1 | Value Score: 3
97. #Andre Caldwell, CIN | Age: 23.4 | Value Score: 3
98. Earl Bennett, CHI | Age: 21.5 | Value Score: 3
99. Brandon Jones, TEN | Age: 29.4 | Value Score: 3
100. Keenan Burton, STL | Age: 23.9 | Value Score: 3
101. Mike Furrey, DET | Age: 31.4 | Value Score: 2
102. Shaun McDonald, DET | Age: 27.3 | Value Score: 2
103. Steve Johnson, BUF | Age: 22.2 | Value Score: 2
104. Drew Bennett, STL | Age: 30.0 | Value Score: 2
105. Miles Austin, DAL | Age: 24.2 | Value Score: 2
106. [#]Demetrius Williams, BAL | Age: 25.5 | Value Score: 2
107. Patrick Crayton, DAL | Age: 29.4 | Value Score: 2
Wednesday, November 5, 2008