1. Adrian Peterson, MIN | Age: 23.5 | Value Score: 100
Simply the most talented player on the field [click here].
2. #Steven Jackson, STL | Age: 25.1 | Value Score: 94
As Ronnie Brown proved in the first half of 2007, elite running back talents can succeed on poor teams.
3. Chris Johnson, TEN | Age: 22.9 | Value Score: 93
Kudos if you got onboard The Hype Train for this special playmaker back in August. The league's top rookie RB is as important to the Titans offense as Brian Westbrook is to the Eagles.
4. Frank Gore, SF | Age: 25.2 | Value Score: 91
5. Brian Westbrook, PHI | Age: 29.0 | Value Score: 90
6. Maurice Jones-Drew, JAX | Age: 23.4 | Value Score: 87
On pace for his usual 12-15 touchdowns and 45-50 receptions despite splitting carries behind an O-Line in shambles.
7. Marion Barber III, DAL | Age: 25.3 | Value Score: 86
8. LaDainian Tomlinson, SD | Age: 29.2 | Value Score: 80
Not done. As healthy as he's been since Week 1, and he has a great schedule the rest of the way.
9. #Reggie Bush, NO | Age: 23.5 | Value Score: 79
Missing a stretch of games with a knee injury for the second year in a row.
10. Matt Forte, CHI | Age: 22.7 | Value Score: 78
Ranked No. 1 right now in many PPR leagues.
11. Marshawn Lynch, BUF | Age: 22.4 | Value Score: 77
Whether it's the result of subpar O-Line play or Fred Jackson's annoying presence, Lynch has been a major disappointment this season.
12. #Clinton Portis, WAS | Age: 27.0 | Value Score: 76
Portis presents quite the conundrum. At 117 rushing yards per game, contenders need to ride the hot hand this season. Builders, on the other hand, owe it to themselves to move a RB who will be 28-years-old, coming off a possible 370-carry season, and a career-long history of heavy workloads and violent collisions.
13. Ronnie Brown, MIA | Age: 26.7 | Value Score: 75
His Ricky Williams problem isn't going away until 2010.
14. Michael Turner, ATL | Age: 26.5 | Value Score: 73
Running backs who don't catch the ball have an awfully hard time producing consistently.
15. Brandon Jacobs, NYG | Age: 26.2 | Value Score: 72
He deserves more MVP consideration than Eli.
16. Jonathan Stewart, CAR | Age: 21.5 | Value Score: 64
Still an elite talent, but it's becoming more obvious that owners will be waiting until 2010 for him to realize his full potential.
17. Joseph Addai, IND | Age: 25.3 | Value Score: 63
Addai's stats in the 15 games since last November 11th: 650 rushing yards on 202 attempts for a 3.2 average. What we have here is far from a RB1, but loyal readers already knew that. Right?
18. #Darren McFadden, OAK | Age: 21.0 | Value Score: 62
He's gone from obvious buy-low to major doubts about whether he can stay healthy at the NFL level.
19. Ray Rice, BAL | Age: 21.7 | Value Score: 60
Showing off a fine all-around game and giving his coach reason for pause in turning back to Willis McGahee. The future in Baltimore belongs to Rice, not McGahee.
20. DeAngelo Williams, CAR | Age: 25.4 | Value Score: 59
A change of pace back wouldn't have three 100 yard performances in the last five games. It's time to consider him a feature back.
21. Tim Hightower, ARI | Age: 22.3 | Value Score: 57
Who didn't see this one coming? Hightower is becoming the workhorse back in a high-flying offense. One could argue, though, that he is a prime sell-high right now.
22. #Willie Parker, PIT | Age: 27.8 | Value Score: 55
This is why Parker has never had stability as a Dynasty asset: he's not a true workhorse. Every time the Steelers realize this, they start taking away responsibilities, first passing game work, then short-yardage work, and eventually the starting job.
23. Ryan Grant, GB | Age: 25.7 | Value Score: 53
Not only are the big plays gone, but more problematic is that he's slipped to the point where he doesn't even catch passes anymore. Steer clear of running backs with no role in the passing game.
24. [#]Rashard Mendenhall, PIT | Age: 21.2 | Value Score: 51
Is it too early to wonder if he's a bust? He couldn't get on the field until Willie Parker's injury, and now he's roster fodder until 2009.
25. Steve Slaton, HOU | Age: 22.7 | Value Score: 50
I've remained skeptical all along that Slaton will ever be a RB that can sustain a rushing attack. Now he's in a virtual rotation with Ahman Green.
26. Willis McGahee, BAL | Age: 26.9 | Value Score: 42
Losing carries to Ray Rice and in line for a new address in 2009.
27. #Felix Jones, DAL | Age: 21.3 | Value Score: 40
28. Kevin Smith, DET | Age: 21.7 | Value Score: 38
Rod Marinelli runs his team like a high school football coach, which means it took the freshman nine games to "earn" the spot from the senior.
29. Thomas Jones, NYJ | Age: 30.0 | Value Score: 37
30. Larry Johnson, KC | Age: 28.8 | Value Score: 36
Turning into a fantasy football cancer. At this point, just hope he can return by the fantasy football playoffs and give you a decent performance or two.
31. Jamal Lewis, CLE | Age: 29.0 | Value Score: 35
Time to explore younger options.
32. Derrick Ward, NYG | Age: 28.1 | Value Score: 26
Could be starting in another city in 2009 if Giants feel comfortable with Bradshaw taking over his role.
33. [#]Laurence Maroney, NE | Age: 23.5 | Value Score: 25
The shoulder injury closes the books on his 2008 season, and he heads into 2009 as an injury-prone committee back with no role in the passing game.
34. #Jamaal Charles, KC | Age: 21.7 | Value Score: 25
35. Ahmad Bradshaw, NYG | Age: 22.5 | Value Score: 23
36. #Earnest Graham, TB | Age: 28.7 | Value Score: 22
37. LenDale White, TEN | Age: 23.7 | Value Score: 20
Chocoate chip pancakes.
38. Cedric Benson, CIN | Age: 25.7 | Value Score: 18
Against my better judgment, I've been pimping the revitalized Benson for three weeks now. It finally paid off in the box score with a 100-yard performance against Jacksonville.
39. Jerious Norwood, ATL | Age: 25.1 | Value Score: 12
40. #Selvin Young, DEN | Age: 24.9 | Value Score: 12
He's clearly a committee back – the part of the committee that never gets in the end zone.
41. Julius Jones, SEA | Age: 27.0 | Value Score: 11
Already back to a committee attack, and now he's unleashing sideline rants against the Big Show.
42. Michael Bush, OAK | Age: 24.3 | Value Score: 11
43. Kevin Jones, CHI | Age: 26.0 | Value Score: 10
44. [#]Ryan Torain, DEN | Age: 22.1 | Value Score: 10
45. Darren Sproles, SD | Age: 25.3 | Value Score: 9
Unrestricted free agent after 2008 season.
46. Pierre Thomas, NO | Age: 23.7 | Value Score: 9
Keep him stashed, but Deuce's return certainly diminishes his value.
47. Fred Jackson, BUF | Age: 27.6 | Value Score: 8
48. #Sammy Morris, NE | Age: 31.5 | Value Score: 8
Most valuable 2008 asset in the Pats committee backfield?
49. Chester Taylor, MIN | Age: 29.0 | Value Score: 6
As valuable of a pure backup as any RB in the league, Taylor is still most valuable to Adrian Peterson owners; won't be a free agent until after the '09 season when he'll be almost 31-years-old.
50. Mewelde Moore, PIT | Age: 26.1 | Value Score: 6
Never gets a starting gig, but in two separate trials he's shown that he can be a very productive NFL running back.
51. Leon Washington, NYJ | Age: 26.0 | Value Score: 6
A homerun hitter, but just not physical enough to ever be more than a part-timer; his only hope for value is to catch enough passes to be useful in PPR leagues.
52. Justin Fargas, OAK | Age: 28.6 | Value Score: 6
Stinks. Doesn't catch the ball, doesn't receive consistent carries, is in danger of losing his job, and is frequently injured. I've never understood the love here.
53. Brandon Jackson, GB | Age: 22.9 | Value Score: 6
54. Deuce McAllister, NO | Age: 29.7 | Value Score: 6
55. #Ladell Betts, WAS | Age: 29.0 | Value Score: 5
56. #Cadillac Williams, TB | Age: 26.4 | Value Score: 5
57. Le'Ron McClain, BAL | Age: 23.7 | Value Score: 5
Looking more and more like a novelty act as opposed to a running back with a bright future.
58. Ricky Williams, MIA | Age: 31.3 | Value Score: 5
59. Dominic Rhodes, IND | Age: 29.6 | Value Score: 5
May work his way back into a timeshare with Addai.
60. Fred Taylor, JAX | Age: 32.6 | Value Score: 5
See Edge. The one-time "Fragile Freddie" is thru as a fantasy factor.
61. Tashard Choice, DAL | Age: 23.8 | Value Score: 5
62. Jerome Harrison, CLE | Age: 25.5 | Value Score: 5
63. Tatum Bell, DEN | Age: 27.6 | Value Score: 4
64. #Antonio Pittman, STL | Age: 22.7 | Value Score: 4
65. Benjarvus Green-Ellis, NE | Age: 23.2 | Value Score: 4
66. Maurice Morris, SEA | Age: 28.7 | Value Score: 4
67. #LaMont Jordan, NE | Age: 29.8 | Value Score: 4
68. Ahman Green, HOU | Age: 31.5 | Value Score: 4
69. Edgerrin James, ARI | Age: 30.1 | Value Score: 3
I think he comes up just short of the NFL Hall of Fame, but Edge is a first ballot fantasy HOFer. So this is how it ends, not with a bang but with a whimper?
70. Jalen Parmele, MIA | Age: 22.7 | Value Score: 3
71. Xavier Omon, BUF | Age: 23.6 | Value Score: 2
72. Warrick Dunn, TB | Age: 33.7 | Value Score: 2
73. Correll Buckhalter, PHI | Age: 29.9 | Value Score: 2
74. Kenny Watson, CIN | Age: 30.6 | Value Score: 2
75. Rudi Johnson, DET | Age: 28.9 | Value Score: 2
Kevin Smith is better. Rudi will be 30-years-old by this time next year, he's worthless in the passing game, and he'll never average close to 4.0 YPC again.
76. Peyton Hillis, DEN | Age: 22.7 | Value Score: 2
77. Lorenzo Booker, PHI | Age: 24.3 | Value Score: 2
78. Gary Russell, PIT | Age: 22.0 | Value Score: 2
79. Jacob Hester, SD | Age: 23.3 | Value Score: 2
80. [#]Mike Hart, IND | Age: 22.4 | Value Score: 2
81. [#]Kregg Lumpkin, GB | Age: 24.3 | Value Score: 2
82. Chris Perry, CIN | Age: 26.7 | Value Score: 2
83. [#]Michael Pittman, DEN | Age: 33.1 | Value Score: 1
84. Aaron Stecker, NO | Age: 32.8 | Value Score: 1
85. DeShawn Wynn, GB | Age: 24.9 | Value Score: 1
86. [#]Andre Hall, DEN | Age: 26.1 | Value Score: 1
87. [#]Kolby Smith, KC | Age: 23.8 | Value Score: 1
88. Najeh Daveport, PIT | Age: 29.6 | Value Score: 1
89. DeShaun Foster, SF | Age: 28.7 | Value Score: 1
90. Michael Bennett, SD | Age: 30.0 | Value Score: 1
91. Michael Robinson, SF | Age: 25.5 | Value Score: 1
92. Chauncy Washington, JAX | Age: 23.4 | Value Score: 1
93. Justin Forsett, SEA | Age: 22.8 | Value Score: 1
94. Chad Simpson, IND | Age: 23.1 | Value Score: 1
95. [#]Chris Brown, HOU | Age: 27.4 | Value Score: 1
96. Shaun Alexander, WAS | Age: 31.0 | Value Score: 1
Thursday, November 13, 2008