1. Drew Brees, NO | Age: 29.6 | Value Score: 99
Currently the best quarterback in the NFL.
2. Peyton Manning, IND | Age: 32.5 | Value Score: 98
3. #Tony Romo, DAL | Age: 28.4 | Value Score: 97
Maybe some short-term misery with the broken pinkie, but the Roy Williams trade will make it all worthwhile in the long run. Romo now has the best tight end in the league, two Top-20 wide receivers, and a dominant rushing game. He's set up for major success the next five seasons.
4. Jay Cutler, DEN | Age: 25.3 | Value Score: 96
The leap has been made.
5. [#]Tom Brady, NE | Age: 31.1 | Value Score: 88
Wading through all of the muck and the mire, it sounds to me like Brady still has a chance to be ready to play by training camp. The infection is worrisome, but Brady's upside isn't worth giving up for any of the second tier guys.
6. #Ben Roethlisberger, PIT | Age: 26.5 | Value Score: 87
7. Aaron Rodgers, GB | Age: 24.8 | Value Score: 86
He just keeps impressing more and more each week. May be injury prone, but you can take "soft" off the list of concerns for Favre's replacement. Rodgers has played in considerable pain and is still coming through with fantastic numbers.
8. Philip Rivers, SD | Age: 26.8 | Value Score: 85
It's unheard of to be playing the best football of your career fresh off of ACL surgery. Kudos to Rivers and his offseason backers.
9. Donovan McNabb, PHI | Age: 31.7 | Value Score: 84
10. Kurt Warner, ARI | Age: 37.3 | Value Score: 74
A top tier QB for as long as he starts in Arizona.
11. Matt Ryan, ATL | Age: 23.3 | Value Score: 73
Had already established himself as a rookie Franchise QB, but now we're talking possible stud in the making. Builders will obviously prefer Ryan to Warner, but I'm a contender and there's no way I trade Warner for Ryan.
12. #Matt Schaub, HOU | Age: 27.2 | Value Score: 71
Fourth in the NFL in yards per game, Schaub has the Texans offense putting up 25-30 points every week.
13. Eli Manning, NYG | Age: 27.6 | Value Score: 70
14. #Carson Palmer, CIN | Age: 28.7 | Value Score: 60
The elbow injury is problematic enough, but there's no light at the end of the tunnel in Cincinnati. The Bengals have started the season 0-7 for the fifth time since Mike Brown took over control of the franchise in 1991. No other team has done it more than twice.
15. Trent Edwards, BUF | Age: 24.9 | Value Score: 61
The young franchise QB is sailing along with a 70.0 completion rate, 8.0 yards per attempt, and a 98.8 QB rating. Now if he can just do something about that low TD total.
16. David Garrard, JAX | Age: 30.5 | Value Score: 58
Starting to show 2007 form, making plays with his arm and his legs.
17. Brady Quinn, CLE | Age: 23.9 | Value Score: 51
My guess: Quinn gets his first start in the NFL Network Thursday night game against the Broncos in Week 10.
18. Jason Campbell, WAS | Age: 26.7 | Value Score: 50
He's shown dramatic game-to-game inconsistency ever since he took over in 2006.
19. Jake Delhomme, CAR | Age: 33.6 | Value Score: 36
20. #Matt Hasselbeck, SEA | Age: 33.0 | Value Score: 34
Who is he going to be throwing to this year? With the Seahawks making an effort to upgrade the running game, he can't count on abnormally high passing attempt numbers again; I'm staying far away from Hass this season.
21. Joe Flacco, BAL | Age: 23.7 | Value Score: 33
22. Vince Young, TEN | Age: 25.3 | Value Score: 32
23. #Kyle Orton, CHI | Age: 25.8 | Value Score: 31
I've been a skeptic, but it's time to give credit where credit is due. Orton is spreading the ball around extremely well and makes for a fine QB2.
24. Brett Favre, NYJ | Age: 38.9 | Value Score: 30
25. Marc Bulger, STL | Age: 31.4 | Value Score: 28
Still at the helm of a poor offense, but at least he has the support of his new coach. Don't rule out the Rams getting frisky on offense in the second half.
26. Derek Anderson, CLE | Age: 25.2 | Value Score: 20
With a completion rate south of 50% and a feeble 5.4 yards per attempt, Anderson isn't long for the starting job. Perhaps Kansas City or Minnesota will want him in 2009.
27. Matt Leinart, ARI | Age: 25.3 | Value Score: 20
28. Chad Henne, MIA | Age: 23.2 | Value Score: 19
Will take over for Pennington at some point this season.
29. Kevin Kolb, PHI | Age: 24.0 | Value Score: 18
30. Drew Stanton, DET | Age: 24.4 | Value Score: 17
Culpepper flirtation isn't a great show of faith and offensive coordinator swears he's not ready.
31. JaMarcus Russell, OAK | Age: 23.1 | Value Score: 16
One step forward, three giant steps back.
32. Shaun Hill, SF | Age: 28.7 | Value Score: 15
33. Chad Pennington, MIA | Age: 32.2 | Value Score: 14
34. Sage Rosenfels, HOU | Age: 30.5 | Value Score: 8
The Practically Perfect Backup QB hits the free agent market in 2010.
35. Jeff Garcia, TB | Age: 38.5 | Value Score: 6
Maybe he has another year in him after all.
36. Brian Brohm, GB | Age: 22.9 | Value Score: 7
37. Colt Brennan, WAS | Age: 25.0 | Value Score: 7
38. Josh Johnson, TB | Age: 22.4 | Value Score: 5
39. Byron Leftwich, PIT | Age: 28.6 | Value Score: 4
40. Daunte Culpepper, DET | Age: 31.7 | Value Score: 4
41. Matt Cassel, NE | Age: 26.3 | Value Score: 4
42. Gus Frerotte, MIN | Age: 37.2 | Value Score: 4
43. Kerry Collins, TEN | Age: 35.7 | Value Score: 3
44. J.P. Losman, BUF | Age: 27.5 | Value Score: 3
Free agent after 2008 season.
45. Dennis Dixon, PIT | Age: 23.7 | Value Score: 3
46. Kevin O'Connell, NE | Age: 23.5 | Value Score: 3
47. Tarvaris Jackson, MIN | Age: 25.4 | Value Score: 3
48. Seneca Wallace, SEA | Age: 28.1 | Value Score: 3
49. Ryan Fitzpatrick, CIN | Age: 25.8 | Value Score: 3
50. J.T. O'Sullivan, SF | Age: 29.0 | Value Score: 3
Coming off a four-fumble, two-interception game, O'Sullivan can no longer be seen as a realistic long-term option.
51. *Michael Vick, ATL | Age: 28.2 | Value Score: 2
How large is your roster?
52. Tyler Thigpen, KC | Age: 24.4 | Value Score: 2
Human Turnover Machine
53. Luke McCown, TB | Age: 27.2 | Value Score: 2
54. Troy Smith, BAL | Age: 24.2 | Value Score: 2
55. #Matt Moore, CAR | Age: 24.1 | Value Score: 2
Awful preseason lowers expectations about taking over for Delhomme anytime soon.
56. Rex Grossman, CHI | Age: 28.0 | Value Score: 2
57. [#]Jon Kitna, DET | Age: 36.0 | Value Score: 2
58. Quinn Gray, KC | Age: 29.3 | Value Score: 2
59. #Dan Orlovsky, DET | Age: 25.1 | Value Score: 2
60. Kellen Clemens, NYJ | Age: 25.3 | Value Score: 2
61. #Brian Griese, TB | Age: 33.5 | Value Score: 2
62. [#]Alex Smith, SF | Age: 24.3 | Value Score: 2
63. Billy Volek, SD | Age: 32.4 | Value Score: 2
64. Brett Ratliff, NYJ | Age: 23.1 | Value Score: 1
65. John David Booty, MIN | Age: 24.2 | Value Score: 1
66. John Beck, MIA | Age: 27.1 | Value Score: 1
67. Charlie Whitehurst, SD | Age: 26.1 | Value Score: 1
68. Andre Woodson, NYG | Age: 24.4 | Value Score: 1
69. [#]Brodie Croyle, KC | Age: 25.5 | Value Score: 1
Recently placed on injured reserve and even his biggest booster, Herm Edwards, is ready to move on with a different QB in 2009.
70. Chris Simms, TEN | Age: 28.0 | Value Score: 1
71. Trent Green, STL | Age: 38.2 | Value Score: 1
72. Cleo Lemon, JAX | Age: 29.1 | Value Score: 1
73. Josh McCown, CAR | Age: 29.2 | Value Score: 1
74. Andrew Walter, OAK | Age: 26.3 | Value Score: 1
75. [#]Kyle Boller, BAL | Age: 27.3 | Value Score: 1
76. [#]Patrick Ramsey, DEN | Age: 29.5 | Value Score: 1
77. [#]Damon Huard, KC | Age: 35.2 | Value Score: 1
78. D.J. Shockley, ATL | Age: 25.5 | Value Score: 1
79. David Carr, NYG | Age: 29.1 | Value Score: 1
80. Joey Harrington, NO | Age: 29.9 | Value Score: 1
81. Brad Johnson, DAL | Age: 40.0 | Value Score: 1
Thursday, October 30, 2008