Welcome to the "Original" Dynasty Rankings Fantasy Football Blog

This blog was born out of a Dynasty Rankings thread originally begun in October, 2006 at the Footballguys.com message boards. The rankings in that thread and the ensuing wall-to-wall discussion of player values and dynasty league strategy took on a life of its own at over 275 pages and 700,000 page views. The result is what you see in the sidebar under "Updated Positional Rankings": a comprehensive ranking of dynasty league fantasy football players by position on a tiered, weighted scale. In the tradition of the original footballguys.com Dynasty Rankings thread, intelligent debate is welcome and encouraged.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Quote of the Day | June 19, 2008: Pulling Down Those Late Games from the Coast

From Whitey Herzog's 1999 You're Missin' a Great Game:

Money's altered my life and my family's. Mary Lou and I lived in a trailer for five years, driving it from one baseball stop to the next and hauling our kids with us. I never made more than $18,000 a year as a player, which was what the Detroit Tigers paid me in 1963, my last season on the field. I was fine that way; I enjoyed that mobile home damn near as much as the nice brick house and pool we've got in St. Louis today. As long as I've got my rods and lures, a car to get around in, and maybe a satellite dish to pull down those late games from the coast, I'm one hell of a happy rat.

Tags: Baseball, Whitey Herzog

No comments: